On installation day, you (or someone 18 or older) will need to be home for the duration of the installation. Please read the details below carefully to ensure a safe and easy installation.
- Once all required permits and approvals have been secured, our scheduling department will reach out to find installation dates that work with your schedule.
- Most installations can be completed in 1-2 days.
- When your installation has been scheduled, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your installation date, time, and additional details.
Rescheduling & Cancelations
- To reschedule or cancel your solar installation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled installation date.
- In rare cases, Palmetto may need to reschedule or cancel your solar panel installation due to weather, availability, or other circumstances.
- Palmetto will work with you to find a new installation date that is both timely and convenient.
Delivery of Materials
- Installation materials may be delivered in advance to the location you specified in your site survey. We will contact you as needed to coordinate the delivery.
- While you do not need to be home for the delivery, please ensure that the delivery site is clear and accessible.
- Your installation team will call to confirm the arrival time before your scheduled installation.
- In most cases, your installation team will arrive between 7:00 and 11:00 am.
- A Palmetto Build Partner will greet you on arrival and walk you through the installation, including equipment, wiring, and conduit placement.
- During the walkthrough, please discuss any conduit routing preferences with your installation team. Painting the conduit is typically not required as part of the installation but may be offered at the discretion of your Build Partner.*
Site Preparation & Safety Requirements
- Please keep pets and children away from the construction site during installation.
- Please ensure that no other home improvement projects are scheduled for the day of installation. Your Palmetto Build Team must be the only contractors onsite.
- Your driveway should be clear of all vehicles, toys, and large objects.
- Our team will need three (3) feet of working clearance around your electrical panel.
After the installation is complete, a Palmetto Build Partner will connect with you to schedule your inspection.
* Most Authority Having Jurisdictions (AHJs) do not require that the conduit be painted during installation. If, however, you live in an area where conduit is required to be painted by your AHJ, homeowners association, or other entity, please discuss this with your installation team upon arrival. Painting conduit is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. When approved, all materials, including paint and supplies, are typically provided by the homeowner.