Program features end-to-end solutions built on Palmetto’s clean energy operating platform to help installers of residential solar energy reduce costs and stabilize cash flows
CHARLOTTE, NC (September 11, 2023) -- Palmetto, a technology company accelerating the adoption of clean energy, today announced a new partnership model offering for solar installers to help them stabilize cash flows and grow faster in today’s market. This new offering bundles Palmetto’s smartest tools for solar sales and operations into one integrated package, while also allowing businesses to leverage Palmetto’s successful brand by becoming a Palmetto Certified Dealer.
Federal interest rates are at the highest level in 22 years, which has increased solar financing costs and softened consumer demand for solar loan products. Solar businesses of all sizes are feeling the pain of strained cash flows, and struggling with outsized labor costs and reaching profitability as they seek new consumer financing and efficiency options.
Palmetto already operates with a network of partners across the U.S. that select from Palmetto’s technology tools to aid their businesses in selling and installing residential solar energy. This new vertically integrated partnership model, built on top of Palmetto’s Clean Energy Operating Platform, bundles together a comprehensive and integrated suite of tools and services that enable solar installers to streamline their operations, optimize their performance, and increase their profitability.
This new offering transforms Palmetto’s current market competitors into B2B business partners, by providing access to Palmetto’s sales and fulfillment infrastructure, technology, financing options, supply chain services, customer support and more. Similar to franchise models, businesses are able to leverage Palmetto’s successful brand by becoming a Palmetto Certified Dealer, while gaining access to ready-to-use tools to more efficiently serve consumers evaluating clean energy solutions for their homes.
These tools include:
- A sales platform system that manages leads, customers, and projects.
- Supply chain, warehouse and logistics services, including warranties and maintenance for all assets.
- A financing marketplace integrating the most competitive consumer finance offerings
- End-to-end fulfillment platform and services for engineering, interconnection, permitting and more.
- A day-of-job mobile app to support communications, project photo uploads and accelerated payments.
- Data analytics and dashboards providing insights and recommendations.
- Appointment and lead setting for digitally-acquired consumers that prefer in-person consultations.
- A fully digital customer experience and app giving the consumer an easy, informative process to convert to clean energy.
With this increased operational efficiency, partners become uniquely equipped to offer an elevated customer experience for residential consumer sales and installation through:
- Better, market-relevant approach to consumer financing.
- Lower cost, more efficient distribution channels, enabling a hybrid digital/in-person sales experience.
- Tech-enabled playbooks to ensure efficient growth, as many large solar contractors fall apart at scale, leaving consumers with financially burdensome situations.
- Delightful, surprising consumer services supporting electrification of the home, plus end-consumer data and insights.
“We believe that this new vertically integrated offering will revolutionize the way clean energy companies do business and help them achieve their goals faster and easier,” says Chris Kemper, Founder, CEO and Chairman of Palmetto. “We are confident that this will be the first of many examples that prove the future of mass clean energy adoption is through collaboration and ecosystems.”
Palmetto is on a mission to lead the world towards a clean energy future. Palmetto’s technology platform is accelerating the mass adoption of clean energy by making it easier for homeowners to choose renewable energy sources, spur innovation by other businesses and clean tech entrepreneurs, and to drive environmental impact at scale. The company’s Clean Energy Operating Platform enables end-to-end sales, financing, fulfillment, permitting, energy intelligence insights and a superior customer experience. Palmetto believes that access to clean energy sources is for everyone, not just the wealthy few. The company’s Get Solar, Give Solar program funds philanthropic partnerships and expands clean energy to underserved communities across the globe. For more information, please visit https://palmetto.com.