Palmetto, Inc. (“we” or “us”) wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
If you are a California resident whose Personal Information we collect in the context of your role as our employee, job applicant, contractor, owner, director, or officer, including information about your emergency contacts and dependents, please see the section entitled “California Notice for Employees, Job Applicants, Contractors, Owners, Directors, and Officers,” below, for information about our privacy practices.
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Information provided by you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, and other personally identifying information. For example, We collect information from you when you fill out a form on our website or when you fill out a physical copy of a form;
- Information provided by third parties about you. As part of our services, We may also collect information from your attorneys, credit reporting agencies, and third-party reporting services, including, for example, medical information, ePHI, and contact information; and
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, domain address, IP addresses, internet browser, operating system, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and information collected through cookies.
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present our Website and its contents to you and to improve our website (We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you);
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill Our obligations to you as a customer;
- to provide you with notices about your account and to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- to carry out Our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services We offer or provide through it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- to enable communications to you regarding our services such as email and text;
- to work with marketing partners to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way We may describe when you provide the information; and
- to initiate marketing calls or text messages generated by an automated dialer or similar device from Palmetto, LLC or its representatives or affiliates to any telephone number(s) where message and data rates may apply. I understand consent is not required to make a purchase and I may revoke my consent at any time.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, to process your inquiry regarding an Palmetto service or product;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and deidentified data or information that does not identify an individual.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use of Your Information for marketing purposes.
If you prefer that we no longer send you email marketing, please opt out by using the unsubscribe instructions contained in each such email. If you prefer that we no longer send you marketing text messages, please opt out by replying “STOP” to any such message. If you prefer that we no longer place telemarketing calls to you, please inform the sales representative who calls you or email [email protected] with such request.
How you can request to access, correct, update, or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to correct, update, or delete Personal Information, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting deletion.
Third Party Services
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Platform or otherwise to us.
- Notice at Collection:
Notice at or before the point of collection, about the categories of personal information to be collected from you and the purposes for which the personal information will be used.
A comprehensive description of our online and offline practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information and of your rights regarding your personal information, including:
- Your right to know about personal information collected, used, disclosed or sold:
- Categories of personal information we collected in the preceding 12 months
- Categories of sources from which personal information is collected
- Categories of personal information, if any, we disclosed or sold in the preceding 12 months
- For each category identified as disclosed or sold, categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold
- Your right to opt-out of the sale of personal information and transparency that we do not sell your personal information.
- Your right to request deletion of your personal information
- How to submit a verified consumer request for your Right to Know or Right to Delete
- How to use an authorized agent to submit a verified consumer request
- Your right to non-discrimination for the exercise of your privacy rights
- Other California privacy rights
- Changes to our privacy notice and Our contact information
- Your right to know about personal information collected, used, disclosed or sold:
Notice at Collection
The purpose of this Notice at Collection is to provide you with timely notice, at or before the point of collection, about the categories of personal information to be collected from you and the purposes for which the personal information will be used.
|We collect||Categories of Personal Information|
|☒||A. Identifiers: For example, a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|☒||B. Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e): For example, a name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.|
|☒||C. Characteristics of CA or Federal Protected Classifications: For example, primary language.|
|☒||D. Commercial Information: For example, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|☐||E. Biometric Information: For example, physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics, including an individual’s deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity. Biometric information includes, but is not limited to, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.|
|☒||F. Internet or Other Similar Network Activity: For example, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.|
|☒||G. Geolocation Data: For example, information that can be used to determine a device’s physical location.|
|☐||H. Sensory or Surveillance Data: For example, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information that can be linked or associated with a particular consumer or household.|
|☐||I. Professional or Employment-Related Information: For example, compensation, evaluations, performance reviews, personnel files and current and past job history.|
|☐||J. Education Information (defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)): Education records directly related to a student maintained by an education institution or party acting on its behalf, for example, non-public information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity in relation to an educational institution either directly or indirectly through linkages with other information.|
|☒||K. Profile Data: For example, inferences drawn from personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Please note that Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (CalFIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided
- For our internal operation purposes
- For auditing relating to consumer transactions including ad impressions and compliance with regulations
- Fraud and security detection
- Debugging to identify and repair errors
- Short-term data use for the current interaction that is not used to build a profile
- Servicing transactions and accounts (e.g., customer service, maintaining and servicing accounts, customer verification, payment processing) and providing services on behalf of business or service provider (e.g., financing, advertising or marketing, analytics)
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
- To share the personal information with service providers to carry out other business purposes.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information without providing you a new Notice at Collection disclosing those categories.
Your Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. You can do this through a verified consumer request. That process is described below in the section, “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request.”
We collect personal information, which means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). The following table includes disclosures for the preceding 12 months of: categories of personal information we have collected about consumers, the categories we have disclosed for a business purpose, and categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information during that period.
|Category||In the preceding 12 months this category was:||Categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed|
|B. Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||☒||☒|
|C. Characteristics of CA or Federal Protected Classifications||☒||☒|
|D. Commercial Information||☒||☒|
|E. Biometric Information||☐||☐|
|F. Internet or Other Similar Network Activity||☒||☒|
|G. Geolocation Data||☒||☒|
|H. Sensory or Surveillance Data||☐||☐|
|I. Professional or Employment-Related Information||☐||☐|
|J. Education Information||☐||☐|
|K. Profile Data||☒||☒|
The categories identified as collected in the table above were collected from the following categories of sources:
- You directly
- Advertising networks
- Internet service providers
- Data analytics providers
- Government entities
- Operating systems and platforms
- Social networks
- Data brokers
We do not sell personal information. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Your Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information collected by us, subject to certain exceptions. You can do this through a verified consumer request. That process is described below in the section, “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request.”
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Submitting a Verified Consumer Request
You have the right to submit verified consumer requests to know information or for deletion. The request to know can be for any or all of the following:
(1) Specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you;
(2) Categories of personal information we have collected about you;
(3) Categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
(4) Categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
(5) Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
(6) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
The response to a request for any of the categories above will cover the preceding 12 months. Please note that we are not required to provide personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
You can submit requests using one of the following methods: by using the webform at https://palmetto.com/privacy-and-data-requests or by calling 1-855-339-1831.
If you have a password-protected account, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information.
If you submit a request that is not through one of these designated methods or is deficient in some manner unrelated to verification, we will either treat it as if it had been submitted in accordance with our designated methods or provide you with information on how to submit the request or remedy any deficiencies.
Your request will be verified by matching the information you provide to information that we have collected.
Once we receive your verifiable consumer request, we will confirm receipt of the request within 10 business days describing our verification process. We will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for deletion will require a separate confirmation that you want your information deleted.
If requests from you are manifestly unfounded or excessive in particular because of their repetitive character, we may either charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request, notifying you of our reason for refusing to act. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the reason for that determination and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Please note that, in responding to your request, we are not permitted to disclose or provide you with your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, security questions and answers, or unique biometric data generated from measurements or technical analysis of human characteristics. However, we will inform you with sufficient particularity that we have collected the type of information without disclosing the actual data.
Requests to Know or Delete for Child Under the Age of 13: We do not knowingly collect information of minors under the age of 13.
Using an Authorized Agent to Submit a Request
Only you, or a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California that you have authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you use an authorized agent, you may provide a power of attorney executed pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465. If a power of attorney that meets those provisions is not submitted, you will be required to provide the authorized agent signed permission to submit a request, verify your identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
If you are the authorized agent of a consumer, making a Request to Know or a Request to Delete on behalf of the consumer, we will ask you for:
- Proof of your registration with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
- Proof that the consumer has authorized you to make a Request to Know or a Request to Delete on the consumer’s behalf. This must be a permission signed by the consumer. “Signed” means that the permission has either been physically signed or provided electronically in accordance with the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, Civil Code 1633.7 et seq.
If an authorized agent has not provided us with a power of attorney from the consumer pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465, we may also:
1. Require the consumer to provide you with a written permission signed by the consumer to make the request on the consumer’s behalf.
2. Verify the identity of the consumer as we would if the consumer were making the request personally.
3. Obtain verification from the consumer that they provided the authorized agent permission to make the request.
Requests to Access or Delete Household Information
We will not comply with a request to know specific pieces of information or a request to delete household person information unless all consumer of the household jointly request access to specific pieces of information or deletion, we can individual verify all members of the household and we can verify each is currently a member of the household. If a member of a household is a minor under 13, we must obtain verifiable consent before complying with a request for specific pieces of information for the household or deletion of household personal information.
Your Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Privacy Right
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Notice of Financial Incentive
The purpose of this notice of financial incentive is to explain to you the material terms of a financial incentive or price or service difference the we are offering so that you may make an informed decision on whether to participate.
We currently provide the following financial incentives:
If you sign up for our Ambassador program, you may be offered a referral fee for sharing a personalized referral link to our Website. You may opt-in to the incentive by signing up for our Referral Program. You may withdraw from the incentive by logging into your account portal and submitting a request to delete your account. The value of the incentive is based on a good-faith estimation of the value to Palmetto of your participation in the Referral Program.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email [email protected] or write us at: Palmetto Solar, LLC Attn: General Counsel 1505 King Street, Suite #200 Charleston, SC 29405.
Company does not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Web site or service.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Contact for More Information
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Palmetto Solar, LLC
Attn: General Counsel
1505 King Street, Suite #200
Charleston, SC 29405
CALIFORNIA NOTICE FOR EMPLOYEES, JOB APPLICANTS, CONTRACTORS, OWNERS, DIRECTORS, AND OFFICERS
Consistent with the CCPA, we provide the following details regarding the Personal Information that we collect and use about California residents in the context of their current, former, or potential role as our employees, job applicants, contractors, owners, directors, or officers, including such individuals’ emergency contacts, dependents, and beneficiaries.
Categories of Personal Information
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
1. Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers, IP address, Social Security numbers, and other government-issued ID numbers;
2. Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, education information, employment history, financial information, and medical and medical insurance information;
3. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status, request for leave, and marital status;
4. Biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints;
5. Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our websites and systems;
6. Geolocation data, such as device location;
7. Information collected in background checks;
8. Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as video recordings; and
9. Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as photographs or audio or video recordings created in connection with our business activities;
10. Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data, and data necessary for benefits and related administration services;
11. Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act; and
12. Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences, behavior, or characteristics.
Use of Personal Information
We use this Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, managing our workforce, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, to:
- Manage workforce activities and personnel generally, including for recruitment, performance management, career development, payments administration, employee training, leaves and promotions;
- Manage wages and other awards such as stock options, stock grants, and bonuses, and provide healthcare, pensions, savings plans, and other benefits;
- Maintain and secure our facilities, equipment, systems, and infrastructure;
- Undertake quality and safety assurance measures, protect the health and safety of our workforce and others, and conduct risk and security control and monitoring;
- Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis to assist in planning succession and to ensure business continuity, as well as to design employee retention programs and diversity initiatives;
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations;
- Operate and manage IT and communications systems and facilities, allocate company assets and human resources, and undertake strategic planning and project management; and
- Comply with law, legal process, internal policies, and other requirements, such as income tax deductions, record-keeping and reporting obligations, and to exercise and defend legal claims.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions regarding this notice.