As a LightReach customer, you will be billed on the first of every month. Invoices for the next month’s bill are available on the 10th of each month. You can access your billing history, view any upcoming charges, and update your billing information any time in your online account.
Most LightReach customers can expect to receive their first bill 20-50 days after activation of their solar systems.
In the following sections, we’ll cover how to view your account, payment history, and invoices, and how to update your payment method.
The payments page of your online account will show your payment history and payment information. The numbered list below explains the parts of your billing page.
- Payment History - This section will list all payments and credits made to your account. It will list the billing period, a description of the transaction, the status of the payment, the amount, and a button to download the invoice.
- Payment Information - This section will list any balance due, when the payment will be billed to your payment method, the billing period, a link to download the invoice, and your current payment method.
- Invoice Download - Clicking this green icon will allow you to download the invoice for that transaction.
- Payment Method - The current account that payments will be charged on the scheduled payment date. You can update your billing method at any time by clicking the pencil icon.
Invoices for the next month’s bill are available on the 10th of each month. Payments are charged to the payment method on file on the 1st of each month. From the 1st to the 10th, accounts that are paid up to date will reflect a zero balance due in the Payment Information section.
If a payment fails your account will show a failed payment and provide the option to update your payment method. Once updated your payment will be immediately retried. If you do not wish to update your payment method a retry will automatically occur in three days.
Payments overdue past the 10th of the month will show the failed payment and the next pending payment due. Once payment is successfully made on an overdue, bill the Payment History will update to reflect the successful payment.
Late fees are charged to accounts that have not paid by the 20th of each month.
In the event you fail to timely pay amounts when due, late payments accrue interest at the lesser of twelve percent (12%) or be assessed a late payment fee of $25 (or such lower amount as required by applicable law) beginning on the twentieth (20th) day after the date the payment was due and continuing until paid in full. Late payments hereunder may be reflected in your credit report.
Your invoice will be emailed to you on the 10th of the month. You can always view a copy of your invoice in your online account in the billing page by clicking the green download link next to the corresponding transaction.
Your invoice will list:
- Invoice number
- Date Due
- Account Number
- Amount Due
- Rate & pricing
- Terms & Instructions
Will I still have a utility bill?
Yes. You will remain connected to the utility grid and a customer of your local utility. Most solar customers still purchase some energy from their local utility. Even in months where solar produces 100% of energy needs, customers will still owe the utility fees for being a customer of the utility. All utilities are different, and their customer fees vary, so please consult your local utility for billing details.
Will I receive a bill from both my electric company and from Palmetto?
You will receive two bills:
- LightReach energy plan bill - this bill covers your LightReach payment to Palmetto.
- Utility bill - you will still receive a bill from your utility company.
Your home solar system will still be connected to the electricity grid. During times of low solar production (for example at night), you may need to use electricity from your electric company in order to meet your home energy needs.
Can I make payments by cutting a check?
Checks are NOT currently an acceptable payment method.
What if my payment bounces/is rejected when making a payment for my system?
Per the policies of your financing institution, you will be responsible for any associated fees (if any) in these instances.
How often is there a true-up of my bill?
Palmetto will review and true-up the bill every 3 years.